Friday, June 19, 2009

Something for my little guy

I can be a crazed woman at times. I go through get spurts of productivity, generally followed by periods of quiet exhaustion/reflection. I try to keep it all in balance... I have my good days and my bad. My sister's wedding is this weekend so to make myself extra frantic to get it all done I SEWED A SHIRT FOR THE WEDDING! What was I thinking?! Last night I was happy to get it done, but chiding myself that surely I could have found something for him to wear among all his hand me downs. (I should explain that I can't fit extra hours into a day by staying up late. I need my sleep or everyone suffers.) This shirt should have gone pretty quickly, but I kept making mistakes. The fabric is Robert Kauffman. The pattern is from Heather Ross's "Weekend Sewing." I was pleased with it, but the sizing runs REALLY large.... or maybe my sweet boy is really small. Hard to say, but the size 3 in this shirt fit my 6 year old, so I had to cut it down. Now... for a crazed morning of cleaning this house which has suffered through the past several weeks of sewing. Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

liz @ longview builders said...

You got it done! looks great! Are you going swimming today?

Melissa said...

That is really cute! I'm so afraid of making camp shirt style tops-- I don't know why. I think it's the collar. I've heard that WS has some serious sizing issues-- did you have to rip the whole thing apart? Have fun at the wedding!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shirt!!!

Cheryl Arkison said...

What a perfect use for that fabric! I love that fabric. Glad to hear the wedding went well.