Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Snack sacks... revisited

We're enjoying using the cotton draw string snack sacks that I made. I really need to make up a few more because we've gotten use to using them really regularly. I also made up a few very practical ( ie. too boring to take pictures of ) flour sack bags for veges and fruit purchases. They're super light and add nothing much to the scales.


These monkey bags are made with some laminated cotton that I recently purchased. The laminate is on the outside, and only cotton is on the inside. My hope is to use these in combination with the cotton sacks. Yesterday they were great for cut up carrots, and would probably keep said carrot sticks a few days fresher in the fridge. I noticed, too, that the outside of them didn't absorb the dampness from the cooler. That was a nice little bonus. My kids loved the velcro... a two year old's idea of good stuff. Now I need to put them to the wash test and see what happens.

I've handed out a few to friends so they can use them and tell me what they think. Do let me know what you think, as well. I'd like to put some in the shop in the next few weeks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these things. Bought some off etsy last year. They are great! Keep the baggies out of landfills!

Melissa said...

This is good stuff. I would totally buy that-- I'm not so good at making things like that, for some reason. Where do you get the cloth for the grocery bags? I've cut our grocery bill way, way down by using pretty much only what we can buy bulk plus fresh produce, but then we have tons of plastic bags floating around the pantry.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous ideas!!!! Love the "green" sewing projects!