Monday, August 25, 2008

Another first...



My little guy started Montessori today. Dropping him off this morning went so smoothly. A wonderful friend of ours (a dad that my little guy knows well) held his hand and walked with us part of the way. I think it set the tone. Then his amazing teacher greeted us and looked at the pictures of him that we had brought for class. My two year old is just as adventurous as his big sister. I shouldn't have worried, but of course, I did. I'm struggling to remind myself that it is o.k. to being doing some part-time work, and that my kids are still being nurtured even when I'm not present.

It was nice this weekend to slow down. We had no commitments and the relaxed pace was something our whole family needed. I made a bag for my little guy to take his snack and water in to school. So much fun to make things for my kids. I got the animal print a while ago from Superbuzzy. It's a Japanese twill and was fun to combine with the Kaffe Fassett orange. Now, I really need to sew a few more bags for the etsy shop. Soon, soon... I promise.

No comments: