Friday, January 23, 2009

Sewing for a birthday


There is something so sweet about knowing a little one for their entire lifetime. Watching them grow is a joy and a wonder. We are headed to a six year old's birthday party tomorrow. This little girl and mine have known each other since they were just about 3 months old. (It took me that long to get out of the house to meet up with another mom!) What a blessing that I did. These girls share just as many interests as their mommies do. They are also very different (in amazing ways) which makes it such a lovely wonder to watch both girls develop.


I made this pair of pants and I hope she likes them. It's always a crap shoot at this age. I have to say, that if she doesn't wear them, I wish I could. Maybe if I lost a few more pounds?! This is my all time favorite girl fabric. I think it's the bold pattern. Apples and pears with a little rick rack thrown in... perfect, if you ask me. Now we'll have to see what the six year old contingent thinks tomorrow.


2 comments:

tracy said...

"I like these pants that you made me, and I'm wearing them to bed tonight. Thanks!" says the six year old. We love you!

oooooxoxoxxxxxxxxxooooooo

liz @ longview builders said...

Love them! Do they come in a size 2? LOL!