Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I did it!

I completed my first sweater... and it only took me 6 months! Still, I love it and all the flaws look beautiful to me. I've come far because I don't even cringe when I look at all those imperfect spots. There are many. The thing that really slowed me down was the seams. No one told me that sewing up all those seams would be such a pain. I get why folks "knit in the round."


The pattern is from Debbie Bliss. I got the book from the library and it was so long ago, I can't remember the name. It's a great first sweater pattern if you ask me. Then again, I'm no expert. I taught myself to knit last winter from a children's "Klutz" book on knitting. Do you know that series? I doubt they carry it in yarn shops. Still, after many attempts at trying to knit I was ready to try whatever. The simple projects, directions, and pics guided me along. I made everyone that I knew a hat from that book last winter. They're super cute too. My motto is don't diss the "Klutz" series.



Nothing makes my day more than watching my little adventurer run by in his new sweater. See? He's trying to climb in there and show Mrs. Alligator what his mommy made him.

1 comment:

Cheryl Arkison said...

That alligator photo is great. And I love the sweater. I'm still struggling with finishing a scarf.