Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Word Wednesday

I've always maintained that one of the cheapest ways to momentarily escape or relax is a hot bath. It's my poor woman's spa treatment. When I worked as a therapist, I would often encourage stressed mothers to get in the bath after kids were in bed, instead of zoning out in front of the t.v. Every once in a while I hand out good advice, and I've been using it even more lately. It's important to turn out the light so you can't see the grunge, using a candle for ambiance instead. Now if you have an especially wonderful sugar scrub to add to your spa experience... well, now, that's just the cat's pajamas, isn't it?
Lucky me, I had the good fortune to receive something really terrific in the mail last week. It felt like Christmas as we unpacked the box. Goat milk soaps and sugar scrubs from Old Red Barn Co. I knew I would like her products, but I had no idea how heavenly they would be. I seriously don't think I can continue without having a regular supply of the sugar scrubs. They are just that fantastic! She's right when she advertises that you won't need lotion anymore. We've been using the soaps too. My little guy's picky sensitive skin? No problem. Lovely, lovely stuff.

So, for today the word I'm focusing on following in whatever healthy ways I can...

bliss.


3 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love the comment about turning out the light so you can't see the grundge. So true! I can't wait until we dark floors too so I can't see all my black hair.

Thanks for the personal nod to the these soaps. I've been eyeing them because I love goat milk soaps, and supporting fellow bloggers.

Enjoy your bath tonight!

Dana said...

:)

Thank you friend.

Melissa said...

Looks wonderful-- I think I'm going to have to place an order. Every tub in this old house needs to be replaced or re-coated or something-- dim lights can't really hide the fact that they are peeling when you're trying to relax in there...but I do love a trip to the "spa" down the hall...