Monday, March 23, 2009

Change is here

Our spinach is popping up, along with arugula. We're still anxiously watching for our carrots and beets. It's such a great game to play with the kids. "I spy with my little eye..."
These are our "walking onions." Their stalks bend over and root into new plants from the tip.... funny, huh? A dear friend gave these to me years ago (before we had kids.) They just keep reproducing... the onions, I mean.

I was recently alerted to this article; I started jumping up and down when I read it. The presidential family will eat from their own organic garden AND they will have 2 bee hives! How amazing is that?! So many times, I feel on the fringes which is fine. But just once in a while, a girl wants to feel a sense of belonging. Come on, we all do! We learned about it in beginning psych class. So now, my daughter is going to be able to go to school and point out that a segment of her lifestyle is being mirrored by the philosophy and efforts of the presidential family. Finally. Now I just need a chef, a gardener, and a laundry fairy wouldn't hurt either. (You know... to support me in my efforts.)

No comments: