Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm stalking this poor woman


Malka Dubrawsky creates such beautiful work and was recently featured as an etsy seller. That's how I found her... check out her amazing textiles at a stitch in dye. Her technique used on the pillow is something I want to learn. She calls it dyeing and discharging. I've called all over town trying to find the Dec/Jan issue of Quilting Arts. She's featured on the front page and has an article describing her technique. A back issue would cost me $20 online. I just can't justify that, no matter how desperately I want it. Should anyone have this issue or have a way to copy it for me, I would really, really appreciate it! Otherwise, I will be watching for her book to be published. She is a rising star, in my opinion, and I wish her so much success.
P.S. I am insane, I know. I managed to track down her article in Quilting Arts on the internet later this afternoon. Here it is, but without pictures which may impede learning just a tad. Gotta love cyberspace.

No comments: