Saturday, November 8, 2008

A new bag


This one's a little bigger than the small "tot" size bag. Folks have asked for a bag that's one size up. I made one last weekend for my niece for her birthday, but of course, forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away. I can't tell you how many bags and quilts I've given away that were never photographed. Oh, well. This one is made for our sweet friend who is having her 4th birthday party this afternoon. My five and half year old graciously modeled for me, and you can see that it's a roomy bag. I hope it fits our little friend's lunch box for school. We'll see.

I didn't win that quilt contest, but you need to see who did! Go here. The three that were chosen are the sweetest, most inspiring works. It made me want to get busy on some embroidery again. My quilt did make it in the group of samples shown for work that didn't win. It was fun to look at the comments made about it here.

Hope every one's having a great weekend. The weather here is amazing and the oaks are reddening in perfect contrast to the golds of the poplar and hickory trees. We're headed out the door for a little walk in our woods. Tomorrow's my day and I'm thinking a short run combined with lots of sewing sounds perfect!


1 comment: