Sunday, July 11, 2010

While she naps...

I'm back in my beloved mountains of North Carolina now and feeling grateful. My mom and dad are doing really well, and my mom is on her way to health. I got served breakfast in bed this morning by my husband. It was just so nice to have someone take care of me. I didn't know how much I needed that. I am enjoying being with the kids, walking around the garden, reacquainting myself with our home.



I am so thankful for all of the amazing friends that we have. It was as if the kids were on a mini summer camp; each day that I was gone was filled with special events and loving friends taking care of them. Meals rolled in the door too. Really, the last two weeks would not have been the same without so much support. Thank you, thank you, thank you!



I got to do a little piecing when my mom was napping. I had intended to do something a little more off kilter, but found myself needing the stability of straight lines. I've been saving these fabrics for my son's four year old quilt. So I cut up strips and started putting them together however I felt. Therapy.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I love it. The last two blocks are my favorites-- probably my very favorite is the very last one.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Therapy indeed.

Anonymous said...

Love the 2d zoo ones.