Friday, October 1, 2010

Just what we needed...

This is what it took to help me heal...

Running, swimming, playing in the sand, sea shell walks, sewing, reading, knitting, fishing, sitting in rocking chairs watching the ocean shift...

Eating sea trout, red drum, and flounder that my husband caught. Combining every good catch with beets, potatoes, basil, and the last of summer's tomatoes from our mountain gardens.

No phones, t.v., or Internet connections. No schedule... just the four of us.

I miss it already. It was extraordinary, and just the cleansing we needed as a family.
Happy 1st of October to you!

4 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Looks like you had a chance to hit the reset button yourself. So happy to hear that healing is happening.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the contrast of GIRL & BOY in the first photo. Who got Leo that hat? My husband?? Anyway so very glad you got some R&R!! Looking forward to see you all in the near future. Love, Noreen

Peggy said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. Unplugging is sometimes what we all need to do.

Melissa said...

So lovely, Heather. I hope that the restorative powers of the ocean follow you back to the mountains...