Friday, March 9, 2012

Because you asked....boy's room tour







If you know me, then you know that plenty of what you see is DIY, thrifted, hand-me-down, or sewn on my machine.   Honestly, you should have seen the shelves before I painted them with four coats of  "Luscious Mango"!!!  (They were black and brown, bought from 2 different yard sales.)  What I love about this room is that it is functional, colorful, and fun.  There is nothing that is unused or simply for show.  I also take just a wee bit of pride in the lovely fact that not a piece of furniture is brand new or purchased from a major catalog source.  Truthfully, I wish I could have grown up in this room.  What I love is that he appreciates this room as much as me.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Heather, this is so cute! I especially love the chair-- finding great vintage chairs is so much fun! What a wonderful place to grow up!

Anonymous said...

Such a cozy room, the windows are illuminated by the evening sun-shine thru them firey gems for you youuuu only for you who who........your house is a very, very, very fine house with 2 kids in the yard... Life used so hard, now everything is easy cause of you:)))

Anonymous said...

Love the tours of both rooms!