Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Being a mama....









How does it happen? Eight years can fly by. I still remember the absolute awe I felt at the swelling of my belly. Now, here she is. Eight years later. So much has changed. She has. I have. We have. I now know love that extends from the crown of my head to the tip of my toes. Being a mother challenges me and simultaneously completes me.


I've got this beautiful, intelligent, extraordinary eight year old who still loves to wear the clothes her mama makes her on her birthday. She wears them every day with leggings and t-shirts. As long as she's into it, I'm making her clothes!


There are so many things about being a mama that I never could have imagined. Sometimes I'm tired and ordinary, sometimes I'm awesome. Once I had one, then there came two; that changed everything. It's a struggle at times to juggle it all. Kids have more energy than adults... that is a fact that I dare you to dispute. Hands down, the blog, comes last. But can I just tell you that in some way, all of it makes me who I am? And in the very same breath, I can tell you that I am a better mama thanks to the eight year old and four year old who have graced my life. So... skirts for my girl, as long as she wants them, and blog posts every so once in a while!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, what fabulous skirts! You have lucky kids to have a mom like you.

Melissa said...

That is a LOT of skirts!! I think you put it perfectly here-- I could not have said it better. I like the blog posts, whenever they come!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Blog!! Motherhood is awesome....I have loved almost every moment of it to date! The skirts are fantastic!!!!! Lucky girl:) See you soon:)))