Sunday, February 27, 2011

First blooms

Is there anything more extraordinary than watching the first blooms pop out of the ground? These are the crocus bulbs that we handed out to friends and family at our wedding. My mom gifted these to me to plant in the ground at Thanksgiving for our new home. My dad and I were out there for a couple of hours that weekend, planting about 250 daffodils and crocus bulbs. He, shoveling the frosted dirt, and me on my knees, jamming the bulbs into the ground. I look at these crocus and it feels like a piece of our past transported to the canvas of this new nest. Two weeks from now will mark the first year of living here.... time has flown.

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Congratulations on your year in home. I love the first blooms in the spring-our near neighbor has daffodils that even stood thru pounding rain and some light flooding last week. Talk about beautiful !~! You are well on your way to a fabulous garden; thanks for sharing with us.

Melissa said...

That is the best way to celebrate anything-- flowers from your past. Happy anniversary!