Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blink, blink.


I don't know where December and January went. They got covered over in snow and forgotten about on this blog. I laughed out loud when I saw that our school's billboard states "think NO SNOW." That's a new mantra that I think pretty much everyone around here shares.

I got jolted back into reality yesterday when reading an email titled "brown robin, where are you?" (So... this one's for you Jen.) Then there was a sweet card from my sister with a long list of thank you's. It had things on the list like, " thanks for always listening to me and gently confronting me" or "inspiring me to be brave." Now, that just whopped me upside the head. I have really been so down on myself lately, it never occurred to me that someone thought I was absolutely wonderful and thanked me for it too!

The winter blaws can just creep in I guess. They're stealthy like that. Not enough running and sunshine this time of year. It's not that I'm blue, it's just that I'm undecided about things and more than a little unmotivated. No fun. I'm looking forward to some kinder weather and being gentler with myself. Plus, I have oodles of pictures to show you from the past two months of lovlies that folks have made around here, so I best get back to blogging!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, you best get back to it! I have a loooooong list of posts in my head, and too little motivation to take the pictures. *I* think your blog is awesome, I think YOU are awesome and I wish you many hours of productivity. I cannot imagine what winter in your neck of the woods is like right now-- ours has been outrageous, and we are so much warmer than you, usually!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

It’s good to see you and can’t wait to see what you have done over the last weeks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I live somewhere with mild weather, but I can visit the snow within an hour if I wish.

Not your normal Engineer said...

Sometimes I wish I still lived in your neck of the woods... but not this winter. I'll keep my 63 deg. F and sunshine! Of course, I'll pay for it in June when it's 114 deg F. I'm totally jealous that you can grow basil. Out here it scorches to death! See, silver lining?

Cheryl Arkison said...

This time of year is brutal for everyone. Glad to see you and your snow.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! So happy your back!! So when do you think you'll be back down here for a visit:)))) Miss you all! Love and WARM hugs, Noreen, PG, Jules, Shadow and lil p!

Don't you have an urge to go to IKEA yet?