Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Drum roll, please....

Apparently, I'm a big tease. I am, aren't I? Several emailed to ask politely if I'm pregnant. Gosh. That hadn't even occurred to me. Nope. We're done in that department.

We bought a house! Woo hooooo!!!! And we get to keep our current sweet home. Woooooooo hoooooo!!!! Even though I've been on Cloud 9, I am flat out exhausted by keeping up with two homes and all the logistics associated. (Plus, I am far behind in the 2009 entries to Quick Books for my husband's business. Details.)

We are readying our current home for renters. I am just thrilled to keep this sweet, sweet place. For a while in October and November, we entertained the idea of selling it and I was just beside myself. I love this home. Sure, it's old and it has it's issues, but it just a wonderful space. We have spent almost fourteen years here together. I go on a trail run from my back door. The gardens are phenomenal after years of work. The problem is that this precious little cottage is 940 square feet and the four of us are just bursting it's seams.

Our "new" home is a rancher born the same year as me. Yep. She's an early seventies girl and let me tell you, every aspect of the seventies is still intact within her solidly built walls. I will be spending many months painting. That's painting, not sewing. Good thing I love color, and painting.

So now, you can look forward to many posts about moving, painting, redecorating, and creating new gardens, I guess. (I know, I know. I promise to keep it interesting.) I have some other things brewing in my head that will surely make it onto the page. Alrighty, then. Time for me to go get busy. It was fun keeping you in suspense for a few hours though.

5 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Congratulations! As another small house person I know the frustrations you speak of. Luckily we have the basement to develop. One day.

Melissa said...

I am SOOOOOO excited for you! Our previous house was exponentially larger than yours at 950 squ feet, and it felt SO tight with just me, Adam and a baby-- I know you will be so glad for all the elbow room. By chance, is your old home going to be a vacation rental, or just a rental-rental? Let the removal of the ugly decor begin!

Jen said...

Hooray! That's wonderful news! Enjoy your new home. I'm glad you get to keep your old one since you love it so much! Congratulations!

Jen

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Yipee!!!! So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! Wish we could rent it. Another 300 feet would do the three of us just fine.